Notes from the March 27th marketing meeting
- Deadline for student applications is March 31
- Idea list: https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreach/SummerOfCode/2020/Ideas
- Official timeline: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/#timeline
- Can make sense to spread information about the project & initiatives
- Britt will post another message to twitter today
- @Oliver suggests doing more marketing around this topic - potentially blog posts and additional social media efforts.
News worthy things (oliverp)
Some intresting and read have posted to Planet gnome, including Tobias Bebards post "There is No “Linux” Platform (Part 2). https://blogs.gnome.org/tbernard/2020/03/25/there-is-no-linux-platform-2/
Comment: Tobias post can be interpreted as the case for and importance of GNOME.
Christian continues to publish interesting notes about his work and efforts - (this month he have blogged twice about sysprof) https://blogs.gnome.org/chergert/2020/03/14/how-to-use-sysprof-to: https://blogs.gnome.org/chergert/2020/03/15/how-to-use-sysprof-to-part-ii/
University Outreach Progress (Martin)
- There is now a wiki available which includes a guide on how to organize events,
- Link with info about the initiative is available at https://wiki.gnome.org/Engagement/UniversityOutreach
- The link includes a list of people who are willing to guide the community,
Podcast initiative for GUADEC (Regina)
- Idea to some interviews GNOME People for GUADEC
- Group recommends more planning/strategy around this idea
- There is a suggestion to record all episodes before releasing any interview
Pan African GNOME Summit
- The event got canceled due to covid 19, the plan is to organize the event once the situation gets back to normal.