Email Libraries for Vala/GLib

I was wondering whether there was a library to work for Email APIs (a la JavaMail API or MailCore2). But the closest I got to this for email functionality is GMime (which has base functionality), and MailCore2 (which is C++ based). My preferred language would be Vala, but I’m looking for most any popular easy to use programming language which is also performant enough.

I was checking out Gmime as part of integrating into a Vala project, but as it was written in Automake, I wasn’t actually able to integrate it [non-trivially] EDIT: trivially … I wasn’t also sure whether to even use GMime as it’s now archived in GNOME GitLab.

I wasn’t also sure whether to even use GMime as it’s now archived in GNOME GitLab.

GMime is a active project hosted on the Github.com:
A C/C++ MIME creation and parser library with support for S/MIME, PGP, and Unix mbox spools.

GMime 4.0 development cycle is on the way now.

1 Like

Add parameter to the configure script will generate the VAPI for Vala:
./configure --enable-vala

Thanks for the advice!

I’m having issues with Automake (I’m using Meson) for now so I’m using the distro packages itself (which had the VAPI files), while I work out how I’ll integrate GMime into meson for now (as wrap (?) dependency or a git sub-module repository).

Using the library directly, or wrap as a Meson subproject(dependency directly)

GMime build tool doesn’t need to change, just keep as original.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.