Add possibility to use multiple audio devices at the same time

Add possibility to use multiple audio devices at the same time. Imagine situation where you and your friend have to listen/watch the same audio/video on noisy campus. In this case, it would be convenient to be able to use two headphones at the same time. It’s also neat that nowadays the Bluetooth standard supports several devices of the same category at the same time (Gnome already supports this), so this would also work with wireless audio devices. Another usecase could be DJ situations where you need to play sound to speakers and headphones at the same time (so that the DJ gets a more undisturbed sound in her/his ear).

Samsung has this. The downside is that they only made it (as far as I know) a “bluetooth feature”. What I hope is that we allow multiple audio devices at the same time, we don’t care what kind of devices they are (internal, aux, usb, bluetooth, whatever). As I said, Gnome supports already supports several bluetooth devices of the same category at the same time and it’s a completely different topic, “bluetooth team” (imaginary team) staff. Anyway, this photo gives you an idea of ​​UI, for which I believe the checkmark menu is the best option.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.