2024 Board Candidate: Pablo Correa Gomez

Hi Adrien,
I’d like to write a short response to this as well. I’m very sorry if anything in my question sounded like I’d prefer for Pablo to close his eyes and shut up. Not at all! Pablo has clearly showed an amount of diligence and care that not many Foundation members would be able to muster for this topic, and that’s incredibly valuable. Squashing it would be a terrible mistake.

What I did intend to say is that, if elected to the board, Pablo would have a legal responsibility to communicate that information differently, in particular more cautiously, and I stand by that opinion.

I would never equate a good-faith public statement by a Foundation member that causes backlash to the Foundation, with an aggression against the Foundation. (It’s actually the people who exploit such public communications to fuel controversy who are aggressors, IMO.) Goodness knows I myself have been involved with enough public communications (here are three) in my time that completely backfired and caused more problems than they solved.

2 Likes

Just to back this up - Phillip knows how much work I put in on social media to mitigate bad messaging that can lead to turbulence. There are actors out there who come out of the shadows to attack GNOME and the GNOME Foundation. These things can cause extreme stress for everyone involved.

1 Like